Position for a research associate (post-doc, E13 TV-L FU, 100%, 4 years)
1 position for a research associate (post-doc) at EXC 2020 "Temporal Communities" (E13 TV-L FU, 100%) for 4 years.Application deadline: 8 March 2021
News from Feb 15, 2021
english | german
This position is situated in Research Area 1, "Competing Communities". Research Area 1 will investigate how a perceived literary globality is actually an effect of competing communities. Research Area (RA) 1 questions the totalising implications of previous notions of the ‘global’ and supplants them with a concept of ever-shifting relations of transtemporal competitive entanglement. RA1 is especially interested in the criteria for what constitutes a community – what does it take to speak of a community? How small, how large can communities be? Can they intersect? Can an actor belong to different communities at the same time? How do communities voice their claims to globality?
- Development and implementation of an independent research project within Research Area 1 „Competing Communities“ with the aim of completing a monograph
- Leading role in organising research cooperation within Research Area 1
- Coordination of the contributions made by Research Area 1 to the Living Handbook of Temporal Communities in close cooperation with the Editorial Board
- Substantial contributions to the further development of the cluster’s concepts and methodology and of its international networks
- Conceptualisation and organisation of international, interdisciplinary workshops and conferences
- Mentoring the doctoral candidates of Research Area 1
- Supporting the international fellows of Research Area 1
- Responsibility for the Research Area’s financial administration in cooperation with the managing director
Doctoral thesis in literary studies or another humanities discipline.
- Very good knowledge of the research issues covered in Research Area 1
- A track record of successful interdisciplinary work
- Very good knowledge on the history of theory (including recent developments) with a special emphasis on issues of cultural history related to Research Area 1
- Professional experience in interdisciplinary collaborative research projects: a team-oriented work attitude, international networking experience and familiarity with different scholarly cultures and academic systems (international experience)
- Professional experience in research coordination: experience in conceiving, planning and organising a broad variety of formats of scholarly exchange (workshops, conferences, possibly even newly conceived formats)
- Very good knowledge of both German and English (with a minimum competence in one of these languages at the level of C1 GER and the other at the level of B2 GER)
Applications containing the usual documents as well as a description of the planned monograph (no more than 5 pages) may be submitted either in English or in German. Due to the current situation (pandemic conditions), we kindly ask you to refrain from postal applications. Applications should ideally be submitted via email and as a single pdf-file.
Please send your application to Professor Miltos Pechlivanos: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code.