(Expired) Position for a research associate (post-doc, E13 TV-L FU, 100%, 4 years) in Research Area 1: "Competing Communities"
1 position for a postdoctoral research associate at EXC 2020 "Temporal Communities" (E13 TV-L FU, 100%) for 4 years.Deadline: 12 April, 2021
News from Mar 15, 2021
English | German
The postdoctoral position provides an opportunity to conduct an independent research project that makes a substantial contribution to the research agenda of the cluster. The project should address the questions and topics of Research Area 1, "Competing Communities" and link them to the research agendas of at least one other Research Area. The project thus has a bridging function in linking the research areas of the cluster.
Research Area (RA) 1 questions the totalising implications of previous notions of the ‘global’ and supplants them with a concept of ever-shifting relations of transtemporal competitive entanglement. RA1 is especially interested in the criteria for what constitutes a community – what does it take to speak of a community? How small, how large can communities be? Can they intersect? Can an actor belong to different communities at the same time? How do communities voice their claims to globality?
Further information in the job advertisements of Freie Universität Berlin from 21 March 2021 under the reference code: EXC 2020 RT_B Postdoc RA1 2021 (PDF).
- Development and implementation of a research project of their own within Research Area 1, "Competing Communities" and at least one other Research Area with the aim of completing a monograph
- Organising research cooperation within Research Area 1 and participating in the work of the second Research Area which the research project relates to
- Contributing to the Living Handbook of Temporal Communities in close cooperation with the Editorial Board
- A substantial contribution to the further development of the cluster’s concepts and methodology and of its international networks
- Conceiving and organising international, interdisciplinary workshops and conferences
- Mentoring the doctoral students of Research Area 1
- Liaising with the Research Area’s international fellows
Doctoral thesis in philosophy or in literary studies or another humanities discipline
- Very good knowledge of the research issues covered in Research Area 1
- A track record of successful interdisciplinary work
- Research experience with a special emphasis on issues related to Research Area 1
- Experience in conceiving, planning and organising a broad variety of formats of scholarly exchange (workshops, conferences, possibly even newly conceived formats)
- An excellent doctoral thesis
- Very good knowledge of both German and English (with a minimum competence in one of these languages at the level of C1 GER and the other at the level of B2 GER)
Applications containing the usual documents (CV, credentials, list of publications) as well as a maximum 5-page synopsis of the planned research project may be submitted either in English or in German. The synopsis should make explicit the concrete contribution to the research agenda of the cluster and explain how the planned research project combines aspects of two or more Research Areas. Applications should contain the reference code and be sent no later than April 12th, 2021 by e-mail to Professor Frank Kelleter and Professor Miltos Pechlivanos as one PDF file: email@example.com.
If you plan to apply, please consult the following sites:
- Job Offers at Freie Universität Berlin (21 March, 2021)
- FAQs about the application process